Temporary Travel Visas

Every year more than 35 million people arrive as tourists, students or temporary workers. To enter Canada you must obtain a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) prior to arrival to Canada. Visitors to Canada must satisfy an immigration officer that:
you intend to return to your home country and will not try to stay in Canada
you are in good health (some visitors may be asked to undergo a medical examination at their own expense)
you do not have a criminal record or are a security risk
you have sufficient funds to cover travel costs and support yourselves in Canada
If you do not meet these criteria, you may be denied admission to Canada. The most common visa types under this category are:-

Work permits

Work permits are for applicants who wish to undertake employment in Canada. In most cases, applicants will require a job offer from a Canadian employer and approval from Service Canada.

Working holiday visas

Working holiday visas is designed to enable young people from 18-30 (and up to 35 in certain cases) from certain countries to experience life and employment in Canada. Applicants in this program do not require approval from Service Canada.

Tourist (temporary resident) visas

Tourist visas is designed to enable students who have taken study permit to study in Canada for longer duration. They can apply for the temporary visa along with the application for the study permit.